416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703
List of All Services
Birthing Center & Maternity Care
Cameron Family Medicine
Cameron Woods Senior Living
ENT and Allergy
Home Health Care
Regional Cancer Care Center of Angola
Safe Sitter Program
Transitional Care Program
Cameron Medical Group
Contact Our Doctors
Welcome to our new Physicians!
Cameron Hospital Board of Directors
Message from the CEO
Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Community Health Needs Assessment
022-61 OB Float RN - OB
48 hours bi-weekly, 3rd shift- 5p-5:30a
Provides nursing care for Maternal/Child patients utilizing the Nursing Process. Cross-trained in various departments with the skills/ability to accept patient assignments and work independently according to department RN job description. Orient to Labor/Delivery phase of obstetrical care. During low OB census and/or based upon census, acuity, and staffing priority/need, RN will be assigned to cross-trained departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
1. Exemplifies exceptional customer service and professional mannerisms.
2. Regular reliable attendance.
3. Ability to get along with others.
4. Demonstrates proficient use of email.
5. Accomplishes goals set for self and by supervisor.
6. Complete skills checklist for OB and cross-trained departments.
7. Demonstrates use of the nursing process in assessing, planning, directing and evaluating patient care. Completes Nursing Care Plan per routine.
8. Demonstrates proficiency of Pyxis and EHR.
9. Documents accurately on computer entries, birth certificates, and miscellaneous chart forms.
10. Administers medication, treatments, and blood transfusions proficiently.
11. Enter patient charges accurately.
12. Demonstrates support of colleagues and administration.
13. Follows Standard Precaution guidelines.
14. Effectively communicates with physicians, fellow employees, patients, and visitors.
15. Delegates tasks to be performed to appropriate personnel.
16. Attends at least two continuing education offerings per year.
17. Familiar with fire plan, disaster, tornado and bomb threat procedures.
18. Maintains confidentiality.
19. Should thrive under pressure.
20. Oversee education and safety of patients.
21. Demonstrate knowledge of and a commitment to Cameron Hospital's guiding principle and values.
1. Postpartum and nursery nurses must care for women after delivery.
2. Administer IV's, monitor post anesthesia, and monitor the wellbeing of mother and baby throughout their post-partum stay.
3. Assist doctors in caring for women who experience childbirth complications
4. Teach breastfeeding, educate mothers about childcare and help them cope with postpartum depression.
5. Assess newborn baby's health concerns and maintain medical records, thru paper charts, computer and birth certificates.
6. Admit and care for surgical patients on OB department.
7. Function independently in cross-trained departments according to RN job description.
8. Employee may be assigned other duties and duties are subject to change at any time.
1. Must have associate or bachelor's degree in nursing.
2. Current RN license in the State of Indiana.
3. CPR certification within 6 months from date of hire.
4. Certified in Neonatal Resuscitation within one year from date of hire.
5. Breastfeeding class preferred.
6. S.T.A.B.L.E. certification preferred
7. Begin L & D orientation within one year from date of hire.
8. Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within one year from date of hire.
1. Successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia course within 1 year from date of hire.
2. ACLS certification within 1 year from date of hire (prerequisite is a Basic Arrhythmia course).
Position Type :
022-61 OB Float RN
416 E. Maumee Street
Angola, IN 46703
Click Here to fill out our official online application.