416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703
Guiding Principle & Values
Community Health Needs Assessment
Contact Our Doctors
List of All Services
Cameron Birthing Center & Maternity Care
Cameron Woods Senior Living
Home Health Care
Regional Cancer Care Center of Angola
Safe Sitter Program
Swing Bed Program
Map to Hospital
On-line Bill Pay
Child Consent Form
Steps to Avoid Identity Theft
028-100 Emergency Department RN - Emergency Department
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT STAFF NURSE, 16 hours bi-weekly, 2nd shift
REPORTS TO: Emergency Department Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides nursing care utilizing the Nursing Process. Knowledgeable of Emergency Department policies and procedures. Assesses all patient conditions giving appropriate care quickly and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Read for comprehension.
2. Write legibly.
3. Effectively communicate with patients/staff/visitors/supervisors.
4. Hear alarms/phones.
5. Clearly visualize monitors/fine print/patients physical characteristics.
6. Process information appropriately (critical thinking ability).
7. Complete skills checklist for this position.
8. Provide nursing care for patients.
1. Exemplifies good customer service.
2. Regular reliable attendance.
3. Ability to get along with others.
4. Demonstrates proficient use of email. Attends at least 75% of meetings. Participates in unit meetings and educational offerings in order to maintain and enhance current knowledge and skills.
5. Provides care to patients according to policy/procedure.
6. Assesses patients and prioritizes delivery of care.
7. Prepares patients for physician exam/treatment.
8. Charts on appropriate: medications, allergies, and treatments in the CPSI electronic health record.
9. Maintains efficient patient flow.
10. Administers medication/injections/treatments and documents in patient record.
11. Cares for patient belongings according to policy.
12. Discusses patient care instructions prior to discharge.
13. Demonstrates proficiency of Order Communications computer system.
14. Familiar with fire, tornado, bomb, disaster and Haz Mat procedures.
15. Follows Standard Precaution guidelines.
TRIAGE NURSE-ADDITONAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
1. Coordinates Emergency department personnel duties.
2. Receives and triages patients.
3. Keeps family and friends advised of patients' condition.
4. Answers EMS radio.
5. Assigns break periods and meals.
6. Coordinates admissions and transfers.
7. Handles patient calls as needed.
8. Notes and initials physicians' orders.
9. Discharges patients as needed.
10. Notifies supervisor if additional help is needed.
11. Ensures professionalism within the department.
12. Handles problems that arise.
1. Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
2. Current license in the State of Indiana.
3. Prefer two year's experience in ER/Critical care nursing.
4. CPR provider certification within 6 months.
5. Certified in ACLS within one year from date of hire.
6. Certified in PALS within one year of hire.
7. Certified in TNCC within two years of hire if statused in ED.
8. Certification in Neonatal Resuscitation.
9. Certification in TB course.
Position Type :
Terri Girdham - Human Resources Technician
416 E Maumee
Angola, IN 46703
Click Here to fill out our official online application.