416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703
List of All Services
Birthing Center & Maternity Care
Cameron Family Medicine
Cameron Woods Senior Living
ENT and Allergy
Home Health Care
Regional Cancer Care Center of Angola
Safe Sitter Program
Transitional Care Program
Cameron Medical Group
Contact Our Doctors
Cameron Hospital Board of Directors
Message from the CEO
Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Community Health Needs Assessment
037-1 Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory
CERTIFIED RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER/REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST
REPORTS TO: Respiratory Therapy and Sleep Center Coordinator. Supervised by coordinator, physicians, and respiratory practitioner. Responsible to medical director/advisor of respiratory therapy.
The Cameron Hospital Respiratory Therapy Dept. is staffed by American Physical Rehabilitation Network. It is a contract company that provides therapists to Cameron Hospital.
The allied health specialty designed to aid the supervising physician or osteopath in the treatment, management, diagnostic testing, control and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
1. Administration of pharmacological, diagnostic and therapeutic aids related to the implementation of a treatment, disease prevention, or diagnostic regiment prescribed by and under the direct supervision of a physician.
2. Sets up and operates various types of therapeutic equipment, such as ventilators, BiPAP/CPAP, incentive spirometers, EZPAP, PEP Therapy, continuous aerosol nebulizer, oxygen hoods, oxygen masks, and cannulas to administer prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosolized drugs to inpatients and outpatients.
3. Transcription and implementation of the written or verbal orders of a physician. Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be necessary to work procedures that will be compatible with physician orders.
4. Examines patient's chart and band to verify identity. Gathers materials and equipment required for therapy and transports them to patient's bedside. Confers with patient, explaining treatments, breathing procedures or diagnostic test to allay fears and anxieties associated with equipment and procedures to elicit cooperation during therapy.
5. Places and fits oxygen and/or aerosol appliance/mask, cannula, tent, hood, etc. in position according to procedure required. Prepares medications according to prescription.
6. Observes and monitors signs and symptoms, general behavior, general physical response to respiratory care treatment and diagnostic testing, including determination of whether the signs, symptoms, reactions, behavior or general response exhibit abnormal characteristics.
7. Documents on electronic or paper chart for each patient, containing all pertinent information, such as name, room number, physician ordering therapy, type of administering apparatus used, time therapy started, liter flow, concentration administered.
8. Makes out charges for all services rendered.
9. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Neonatal Resuscitation certified.
10. Inspects and tests all respiratory therapy equipment to ensure proper operating condition. Disassembles, cleans and disinfects all equipment.
11. Adheres to safety rules, make sure that hospital personnel, patients and visitors are notified about precautions. Makes sure that oxygen and other gases are stored safely.
12. Keeps up-to-date by attention to literature, exchange of information with other respiratory therapists, nursing and medical personnel.
13. Endotracheal Intubation - Emergency and Elective - Adult, Pediatric, Neonatal from the ACLS guidelines.
14. Participation in Quality Review and In-Service education.
15. Attends and assists with cesarean section and high-risk vaginal deliveries.
16. Other duties assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Certified by the National Board of Respiratory Care
3. Licensed by the state of Indiana
Position Type :
416 E. Maumee Street
Angola, IN 46703
Click Here to fill out our official online application.