416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703
List of All Services
Birthing Center & Maternity Care
Cameron Family Medicine
Cameron Woods Senior Living
ENT and Allergy
Home Health Care
Regional Cancer Care Center of Angola
Safe Sitter Program
Transitional Care Program
Cameron Medical Group
Contact Our Doctors
Cameron Hospital Board of Directors
Message from the CEO
Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Community Health Needs Assessment
014-03 Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatry/ Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner
REPORTS TO: TBD FLSA Status: TBD
80 hours bi-weekly, 1st shift
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Out- patient clinic setting in newly renovated office across the street from Cameron's main hospital campus. In 2019 Cameron was recognized as a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital.
NP will direct the outpatient team in collaboration with a highly experienced board-certified psychiatrist. NP will be responsible for coordinating care of patients. Office staff consists of receptionist, counselor, and CMA. During normal office hours M-F NP may consult in ED, OB, Med Surg units or other areas of hospital when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Read for comprehension.
2. Write legibly.
3. Effectively communicate with patients/staff/visitors/physicians.
4. Hear alarms/phones.
5. Process information appropriately (critical thinking ability).
6. Provide nursing care for patients according to hospital policies and procedures and consistent with scope of practice in the state of Indiana.
7. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to plan, coordinate, provide and evaluate patient care in ambulatory setting and intensive outpatient behavioral health setting. Consults in the Emergency Department and in-patient units as appropriate to patient care. Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to lead various models of care specific to psychiatric population.
8. Assumes responsibility for hiring, orientation and evaluation of employees in department.
9. Assures the utilization of the nursing process and that care provided for each patient is based on the individual needs of the patient.
10. Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the department's quality and safety plans.
11. Assures development of appropriate policies and procedures specific to department. Assures that policies and procedures are evidenced based. Reviews and approves policies according to hospital policy.
12. Assist with and administers the annual capital and operating budget for the department.
13. Identifies key performance indicators for patient satisfaction and employee engagement. Develops and implements plans for improvement of same.
14. Investigates concerns and complaints, initiates actions in response appropriately. Appropriately seeks guidance in responding to complaints or concerns.
15. Encourage team building within unit(s), within nursing and inter departmentally.
16. Demonstrates clinical competence in specialty appropriate to department.
17. Demonstrates ability to work closely with Psychiatrist and referring physicians, anticipating needs and assuring appropriate support is provided.
18. Demonstrates knowledge of Behavioral Health and Psychiatric nuances of care related to documentation, release of information.
19. Facilitates at least 6 unit/department meetings each year.
20. Assures staff annual competencies are relevant and completed.
21. Is knowledgeable of and assures corporate compliance and patient confidentiality.
22. Active participation in community health programs relative to psychiatry and mental health including maintaining good relationship with local law enforcement and judicial authority.
23. Collaborate with Community Health and Wellness staff to promote educational opportunities for staff, physicians and community related to mental health and wellness.
24. Keeps abreast of current trends in specialty by networking and benchmarking in region, state and nationally as appropriate.
25. Collaborates with nursing supervisors and other nursing leaders to assure continuity of care and appropriate hand off communication.
26. Assures compliance with CMS, ISDOH and other external regulations related to psychiatric and behavioral health care.
27. Respond as able and appropriate to requests for assistance in assessing psychiatric or behavioral health patients in the ED, Med Surg or OB units. Provide advice on care plan for same patients.
1. Exemplifies exceptional customer service.
2. Regular reliable attendance.
3. Ability to get along with others.
4. Demonstrates proficient use of email.
5. Assesses patients and prioritizes delivery of care.
6. Evaluates and manages patient's medications and assures medication reconciliation is thorough and complete at each patient encounter.
7. Provides patient family and care givers education on medications and health related topics and documents education.
8. Charts on appropriate: medications, allergies, and treatments in electronic health record.
9. Maintains efficient patient flow.
10. Administers medication/injections/treatments and documents in patient record.
11. Cares for patient belongings according to policy.
12. Monitors environment of care to ensure a safe and secure area for patients, staff and visitors.
13. Discusses patient care instructions prior to discharge.
14. Demonstrates proficiency of Order Communications computer system.
15. Familiar with fire, tornado, bomb, disaster and Haz Mat procedures.
16. Follows Standard Precaution guidelines.
17. Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to exemplify Cameron Memorial Community Hospital Guiding Principle and Values.
18. Completes annual education requirements.
1. Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
2. Graduate of appropriate nurse practitioner program.
3. Current license in the State of Indiana, including prescriptive authority.
4. Hold or eligible to hold DEA license
5. 3 or more years acute psychiatric/behavioral health nursing required.
6. Leadership or management experience in behavioral health and or psychiatry preferred.
7. BLS provider certification within 6 months.
8. Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training within 6 months.
Position Type :
03- Nurse Practitioner
416 E. Maumee Street
Angola, IN 46703
Click Here to fill out our official online application.