Rehabilitation & Therapy Services
Healing doesn’t happen all on its own. Cameron Hospital provides state-of-the-art rehabilitation and therapy services, delivered with individualized attention to help you on the road to recovery.
Rehabilitation Services—Physical and Occupational Therapy
Cameron Rehabilitation Services offers Steuben County’s most advanced and complete physical rehabilitation facility, including aquatic therapy in our warm therapy pool. Patients receive skilled treatment to restore and maintain flexibility, movement and strength following injuries, procedures, or to simply counteract the aging process.
Our highly skilled therapists work with a variety of diagnoses including advanced treatment in the following areas:
- Aquatic therapy
- Pediatric therapy for developmental disabilities
- IASTM, kinesiotaping, myofascial release, and the McKenzie method
- Lymphedema management and wound care
- Post-joint replacement and orthopaedic injuries
- Vestibular rehabilitation for vertigo and balance issues
Cameron Hospital’s speech therapy offers help to those with speech and language impairments, as well as swallowing difficulties. Special training includes the Lee Silverman Big Voice treatment for Parkinson’s Disease. Our speech pathologist is available by appointment with a physician’s referral.
- Voice disorders
- Central auditory processing
- Dysphagia (inability to swallow safely)
- Hearing disorders
- Speech and comprehension difficulties
- Vocal strengthening exercises
- Communication strategies
Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation is a vital part of the treatment for heart or lung disease. Cameron Hospital’s cardiopulmonary rehab program is certified by the AACVPR (American Association of Cardiovascular Pulmonary Rehabilitation). Our trained therapists provide extensive cardiopulmonary health education and restorative exercises, tailored to meet individual needs and health conditions.
Cameron Hospital offers Phase 2 and Phase 3 rehab for cardiac or pulmonary disease.
- Phase 2 is an individualized treatment plan that focuses on monitored, progressive exercise utilizing ECG (heart rhythm monitoring).
- Phase 3 most often follows completion of Phase 2. It is a supervised rehabilitation program. Blood pressure and heart rates are taken; however, a heart monitor is usually not worn. Patients exercise on their own while being supervised by hospital staff for up to one year.
Call 260-667-5527 for an appointment.
Occupational therapy is used to help people participate in the activities of everyday life that have been affected by injury, overuse or aging. With outcomes ranging from getting back to work or simply regaining the ability for self-care, occupational therapy can change lives. Our therapists and their team work to improve physical ability by changing a patient’s environment or adapting an activity to meet their abilities.
Occupational Therapy Conditions and Services
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries and conditions
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Neurological conditions (stroke, brain injuries, Parkinson’s, etc.)
- Workers’ comp injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries and stress
- Tendon ruptures
- Joint strengthening
- Pre- and post-op for joint surgeries
- Injuries and wounds
©2019 Cameron Memorial Community Hospital
416 E. Maumee Street, Angola, IN 46703