Surgery at Cameron Hospital
Cameron Hospital offers a wide variety of surgical procedures. We have 19 different physicians who routinely perform both inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures in one of our state-of-the-art operating rooms. Our skilled team of surgeons, physician assistants, surgical nurses, certified surgical technicians, radiology technicians and more work together with anesthesiologists from Midwest Anesthesia Associates to deliver safe and patient-centered surgical services.
Cameron offers a variety of general surgeries, including:
- Cancer-related surgery
- Laparoscopic gallbladder, hernia, appendix
- Lumps and bumps (lipomas, cysts and skin lesions)
- Breast procedures
- Colorectal procedures
- Endoscopic procedures (colonoscopy and EGDs)
- Specialty services including ENT, OB and gynecological, orthopaedics, optical (cataracts), podiatry, urology, pain management (pain blocks) and more
Cameron Hospital makes scheduling your procedure as easy and convenient as possible. Your surgeon’s office works directly with our scheduling staff, who will then contact you with any individualized information and instructions prior to your procedure. Your responsibility is to work with your insurance company to pre-authorize your procedure. Your physician’s office staff are always willing to provide any help with pre-authorization or any other questions.
The Day of Your Surgery
- When you arrive at the hospital, please report to the main customer service desk just inside the main entrance.
- The customer service representatives will direct you to the proper locations for any check-in information that may need to be completed.
- You will be given a pager at check-in.
- Following check-in, you and a family member will be escorted back to the surgical department where staff will begin preparing you for surgery.