Patient & Visitor Information
Welcome to Cameron Memorial Community Hospital, where exceptional service and outstanding care is business as usual. Whether you’re visiting our site as a patient or visitor, we want to make finding the information you need as simple as possible.
If you have any questions, please call us at 260-665-2141.
Visitors are encouraged to come by and see friends and family members who are patients at Cameron Hospital. Visiting hours are not specific, but we encourage you to check with the admissions area or the main lobby desk prior to visiting to make sure it is an appropriate time.
If you have questions about visiting the hospital, please contact us at 260-665-2141.
Cameron Hospital Gift Shop
The Cameron Hospital Gift Shop provides a wide variety of cards, gifts, and other needs. Staffed by friendly volunteers, the Gift Shop is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weekends from noon to 3 p.m. Come see what’s new today.
Cameron Hospital Dining
Open to the general public, the Café at Cameron Hospital provides delicious meals to hospital employees, visitors, patients’ families and more every day.
Monday – Friday
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday
Lunch only: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Until further notice, all Cameron facilities have implemented the following visitor restrictions, effective immediately. These limited visitation rules apply to the hospital, urgent care, and all clinics.
- If patient is a minor or incapacitated adult
- One designated parent/guardian or a patient caregiver per visit will be allowed.
- A single designated partner or primary caretaker for mothers delivering babies.
- No visitors under age 18, which includes siblings of a newborn.
- End-of-life situations.
- Patients are limited to one visitor at a time.
- Visitors are not permitted to see patients if they exhibit any respiratory illness symptoms (coughing, sneezing, runny nose, fever, etc.)
- Visitors are not permitted if they have traveled internationally within the past 14
- In addition, individuals coming to one of our outpatient centers or physician offices will be restricted to a single visitor responsible for transportation, and if that person is not needed for communication purposes, they should remain in their vehicle while we care for the patient. Please bring a mobile phone to support communication. Ambulatory practices and administrative buildings are also no longer allowing pharmaceutical representatives, and other outside vendors onsite until further notice.
- We recognize that these restrictions can be disappointing to our patients and visitors, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your family. The health and safety of you, our patients and care team are our top priority during this heightened time of illness. We encourage you to use FaceTime, Skype and phone calls to visit with loved ones in the hospital. Should you need assistance with this, please let a staff member know.